The Benefits of Sound
Sound Meditation participants report experiencing:
• Reduced stress, anxiety, depression and chronic fatigue.
• Enhanced concentration, memory and attention span.
• Increased energy, inspiration, focus and motivation.
• Boosts in creativity, awareness and intuition.
• Improved quality and regulated sleep patterns.
• Lowered blood pressure and balanced hormones.
• Alleviated symptoms associated with grief and PTSD.
• Deep relaxation and rejuvenation.
• Improved mood and mental clarity.
• Feeling centered and peaceful.
• Relief from physical aches and pains.
Additional benefits of Sound Meditation sessions may include:
• Releases energetic and emotional blocks.
• Balances chakras also known as life-force energy centers.
• Assists in creating new neural pathways.
• Breaks old patterns and habits.
• Activates higher states of consciousness.
• Enhances brain and neurological function.
Sound enters the healing equation from several directions:
It may alter cellular functions through energetic effects; it may calm the mind and therefore the body, or it may have emotional effects, which influence neurotransmitters and neuropeptides, which in turn help to regulate the immune system—the healer within.
—Mitchell Gaynor, M.D.
Founding President of Gaynor Integrative Oncology,
Consultant and former director at Medical Oncology
at the Strang Cancer Prevention Center